2 Days – Chaing Dao’s Beautifully Scenic Blast
A real escape from the city! A ride that can be done by most riders with a couple of technical sections that can be added to keep the more experienced riders on their toes.
Elephants, Oxcarts, and epic montain views…. a trip that you will never forget.
Day 1 Chiang Mai to Chiang Dao
- Meet at the office for 9 am.
- Quick briefing and safety gear fitting
- Start the ride at 10am.
- 10km’s to the trail head where you will twist your way through dirt trails single track and back roads. Relatively flat riding to get you used to the bike ready for the epic climb after lunch
- Thai Lunch at a local Thai restaurant.
- Awesome flowing trail along mountain ridges with sensational views either side. Taking breaks at various view points, including a secret spot over the Chiang Dai National Park
- Hotel options – 1)Thai Style, teak Wood with a lovely inbuilt restaurant that serves incredible food. 2)Thai Style but western quality Huts with some of the best western food options in northern thailand. A very popular destination among expats for a night away. Thai food options are also available witin a 15 minute walk. (700 baht additional fee)
- Beer and Food around 7 or 8pm until late
Day 2 Chiang Dao to Chiang Mai
- Breakfast buffet 8.30am.
- Bikes serviced and checked by us ready for a start from the hotel at 9.30 am onto a variation of the previous days trail. Route will be adapted to the required difficulty level as per the conversations at breakfast.
- Return to Chiang Mai for 4.30pm and a relaxing drink at the office.
Bike options – There are two options of bike available for your trip. There is the heavily and professional upgraded CRF300L. We adapt these to be faster and stronger than originally designed, with plenty more grunt to get your adrenaline pumping on the trails. Alternatively there is the standard KLX250 that is quieter and smoother for those that want a more subtle trip.
Riding Gear – We have full safety gear available in our office. We do recommend bringing your own whenever it is feasible to ensure the best fit. However, for those instances where it is not possible we have a good range of MX boots, jackets, helmets, gloves and pads available. All are included in the price.
Inclusions – Our prices are fully inclusive of bike, fuel, guide, mechanical support, lunch, water and soft drinks, full protective gear (including boots), entrance fees,
hotels, and an awesome amount of fun!!
Exclusions – Alcohol, evening meal, personal expenses, travel insurance, flights, visa fees.
Distance – Approx 120 kms each day, 80% offroad